Full Job Description
Central Florida Surgical Center and Citrus Ambulatory Surgery Center are outpatient endoscopic facilities specializing in colon cancer screening and gastroenterology. Our experienced, Board Certified physicians are experts in digestive health. From the waiting room to the recovery room, we want patients and their families to feel at ease during each visit. Conveniently located in the Orlando area, our two locations offer personalized, private service at nearly half the cost a hospital would charge.
We are currently searching for a Fulltime Billing Specialist to work Mondays – Fridays who can work cooperatively with staff and physicians and perform a variety of tasks. Major responsibilities include submitting claims, statements, posting charges / payments, credit balances, refunds, patient statements, work aging reports, unbilled reports, correct edits, coding in office procedures, authorizations, correspondence, clearinghouse reports, daily reconciliation and answer patient billing questions.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Medical Billing (will consider new grads with right attitude)
- Knowledge of medical office billing practices including ICD 10 and CPT coding systems (certified coder welcome)
- Interacting with physicians and assistants to ensure accuracy of diagnoses and codes
- Educate front desk and providers on insurance specific requirements
- HIPAA Compliance, maintaining patient confidentiality and information security
- Posting patient and insurance payments
- Scrubbing Claims / working clearing and payer level rejections
- Working on insurance rejections and denials
- Explaining charges to the patients and resolving patient disputes
- Collecting past due balances and patient payments
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, communication and time management skills
- Creating and Maintaining Excel reports.